Disneyland Paris welcomes 250 millionth guest – a quarter billion visitors in less than 20 years!

Wednesday, 16th November 2011 at 21:45 by
Anthony
4 Comments

1, 2, 3… 250,000,000! A huge milestone was celebrated at Disneyland Paris yesterday, 15th November 2011, as the resort welcomed its 250 millionth guest into the parks. That’s a quarter of a billion visitors in just 19 years, 7 months and 15 days. Yes, ok, so they’re still not able to turn a consistent net profit, but let the urban myth that Disney’s European resort has been under-attended since 1992 officially be put to rest. In the 2011 financial year, the parks set a new record of 15.6 million visitors, making the outlook for the 20th Anniversary year rosy indeed. With the usual birthday year boom, longer opening hours through the year and the premiere of Dreams, the resort may well hit the magical 16 million.

The guests in question yesterday received the honour of a celebratory ride up Main Street, U.S.A. on the Fire Truck with Disneyland Paris Ambassador Régis Alart and a photocall with Mickey, Minnie and Duffy in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Just like the 100 millionth visitors in 2001 and the 200 millionth visitors in 2008, they were a family of mum and dad with two photogenic young kids, but in a groundbreaking move they were Spanish, not French, and visiting for the fourth time. Euro Disney SCA’s own press release (PDF) notes that families with young children make up 66% of visitors. So, by those odds, maybe we’ll see someone from the other 34% awarded the 300 million honour in a few years?

VIA Ambassadeur Disneyland Paris (Facebook), Disneyland Paris Corporate (PDF)

Never miss Disneyland Paris news: Follow us on TwitterLike our Facebook Page

Disneyland Paris Park Tickets

Comments

  • Michael De Vlieger  16th November 2011, 23:15

    offcourse they are Spanish.. the whole park is overrun by Spanish people… and sorry that I have to say it, but they can be really really annoying sometimes.

  • TheDisneyMagic  16th November 2011, 23:20

    Congratulations Disneyland Paris, great achievement.

  • That’s a great achievement, but DLRP is still not making any money. It needs a lot more visitors.

  • Well done DLRP! & I totally agree with you on that one Michael De Vlieger. We were eating in the Markethouse Deli on Main Street, and these two young spanish children were staring through the window at us, & don’t get me started on the meet&greet, they are so rude!

+-Write a comment...

Note: Comments are moderated but will appear immediately if you have a previous approved comment on DLP Today (identified by your email address).

SUBSCRIBE

Disneyland Paris Special Offer

DISNEYLAND PARIS TODAY

Friday, 31st October 2014

Disneyland
Park
10:00 - 19:00
Walt Disney
Studios Park
10:00 - 21:00

ARCHIVES